Friday, February 11, 2011

Realizations

Even though I've known for a while that hubby is deploying shortly, the realization sort of hit me tonight. We paid a teenage sitter to come watch the kids while we went to a kid free night of dinner and...we had dinner and a stop at Howdy's for a drink.(convenience store for a soft drink) Thats it. Had hours free and we were gone two hours. HAHA

My realization hit me when I realized that soon we will not be able to pay a sitter to watch our kids because he'll be gone. I can't last minute text him and say we have a sitter coming at 7pm to watch the kids so we can have some alone time. And yes I did last minute text him at 4:15 to remind him that a sitter was coming at 7 to keep the kids....oops. We still had a good time, although short since we had nothing else to do. Now he's back locked in his office to answer the 60 emails that he needs to respond to on a priority preference and I'm heading to do whatever. Can this deployment be done when it hasn't even started? Its amazing that 2 hours of alone time make you realize that you should enjoy life for the now.

1 comment:

  1. I know, hon... Hang in there! I'm up for a "Howdys" run anytime you are! hehe :)

    ReplyDelete