Tuesday, February 15, 2011

The term "hurry up and wait"

As an Army wife we tend to use the term "hurry up and wait" a lot. It could mean we're waiting for PCS to new duty station orders, paper orders that we were expecting to deploy or orders to ETS(exit the Army). Our family has "known" that Ryan is deploying "soon". Excuse all the quote signs, but thats how we're expected to respond to questions. So we've known and I've had this mindset of get it over with already people. Just cut the dang orders so we can get it over with already. Sooner he goes the sooner he can get back and we're out of Hell Paso aka El Paso.

So I've been non patiently waiting for the last 10-14 days for the paper orders. Not that I want them, but yet I WANT them if that makes sense. Means that the last couple of months of late nights and training is for a reason I guess.

I went on a girls day of in and out of the car with my friend Bethany after we dropped off the twins at daycare. Side note: Girls only days are very necessary when your in a place when you don't have family aka my mom or grandma or regular people that you shop with around. So very thankful for my girlfriends who live in our neighborhood. End side note: Just one of those days where you go to the places that I personally will never do with the twins. Having a great time till I got a text from hubby around 1:10pm at El Taco Tote with B that simply said "I have orders." Sigh. Big sigh. Bummer sigh. Sigh that we finally have the orders to get him out of El Paso and on to our next location, but bummer for how we know he's leaving, but still SIGH. Its real and its happening AGAIN. Can we be done already?

Ready for the roller coast of the next few months to be OVER already. Big sigh from me....

No comments:

Post a Comment