Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Why did I torture myself?

I have a love/hate relationship with Walmart. On one hand I have certain Walmarts here in El Paso that I enjoy going to while I have one location that makes me want to gouge my eyes out with hot picks. Let me explain that this Walmart is very close to the entrance to Mexico so the parking lot is generally covered with cars that have license plates with Juarez and Mexico. Now why would this be irritating? My first point....

1. I'm parked getting ready to leave. A woman in a big Tahoe pulls into the parking spot and since the shopping cart wasn't going to let her fully park there she proceeds to slam the shopping cart into the car in front of her. Seriously? I had my window slightly open and saw and heard the entire thing. I look at the car that was hit and the little car had dings all over it. Thats just ridiculous. Apparently from what I've been told Mexico doesn't require drivers to have insurance so apparently she figured she was justified.


Now on to gripe number 2 with this particular Walmart.....

2. I'm waiting patiently for a parking spot and the driver is leaving. This guy in a little Honda is going the wrong way down the row. So what does he do? He is able to back his car into that spot previously occupied spot and park there even though he saw me waiting for it.

3. Most Walmarts have an ENTER door and an EXIT door. People don't care they just use whatever door they want so your trying to fight just to get in there.

4. This Walmart is generally occupied by veryyyyy sllloooowwww older people. And the walk at a snails pace with their carts and must stop randomly to either pass gas or look at something--who knows which one. Doesn't matter what aisle you will be slowed down by a very slow shopper.

5. People like to cut you off at random. I've noticed its men more than women. Why can't men still be polite and let the woman go first?

6. Not only will you get cut off in the aisle you will get cut off at the checkout. I about had it out with a woman who starts going off on me speaking Spanish at yelling at me. I was there first and she pushes my cart out of the way. Fine, you want the spot take it.

7. Now this all occurred in the 20 item or less line. I had 16 and 4 of those items were soft drinks and a big box of diapers. This lady had over 40 and didn't care. They proceed to talk in Spanish and I know their talking about me by the way they look over at me and laugh.

8. Finally my turn. I'm greeted in Spanish. My response is I speak English. Nada, nothing. She rings up my order and doesn't even tell me my total. Why? Just because I don't speak Spanish your not going to be polite and even say hi or hello because I'm sure you know those words in English?

I have decided to avoid this Walmart. I don't know why I thought it would be a quick place to go. I've avoided it for the last 2 months so here is to another 2 months of avoiding.

No comments:

Post a Comment